Monday 30 January 2012

The Look Book!


The Look Book! 
Soooo... I am on a quest for the perfect wardrobe.

I want to feel good in my clothes. I want to be able to pick out an outfit and know it works without spending ages on it every morning.

 In the summer me and my mum went through our wardrobes and sorted out the colours which suit us best (on the advice of Trinny and Susannah). You basically hold all your clothes up to your face and it becomes obvious which are best for you. I was sceptical but some colours will make the circles under my eyes darker, other will brighten my eyes or give me rosy cheeks. It might sound like Bridget Jones' mum but trust me!! 

When I decided on the colours that suited me best (dark, rich colours - olive, sapphires, plums) I went on a paint website and copied a selection of 'my colours' and printed them off. You could even go and get paint swatches from a DIY shop. 

THEN 

I took to the body shape test!! It's a really good test - and you end up with a body shape and rules to follow for the clothes that suit you best!

After I had my rules and my colours I made outfits with my wardrobe and cut out the things I knew really didn't flatter me. Now I know rules are made for breaking but there were some things I knew I don't feel good in and feeling good is my one and only aim!

Finally the best bit! Me and mum had a little fashion shoot with the outfits that looked best. This was not just fun but it meant that I could see the rules in action. The clothes I looked best in made me feel my best and I could see my posture improve - my confidence was literally visible!

To make it easy to remember my rules and continue my new, improved, habits I made a look book. It contains the photos of my outfits, the colours I suit and a list of my rules. Once I had them I also started scribbling ideas of how I could interpret the rules and things that inspired me.

There is a wealth of inspiring blogs out there to get you inspired.
Here are two of my favourites!
For tips on wardrobes and look books have a good look round Gala Darling:
http://galadarling.com/article/preparing-for-2008
Elsie Larson - my blogging hero!
http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/home_decor/page/2/

I hope my look book will help me to develop my own personal style by showing me the things I love the best!
Happy Wardrobes! 












No comments:

Post a Comment