Thursday 28 June 2012

A useful link and musings on photoshop

For my swing photos I like to give them a vintage feel. 
It may be something that is over done at the moment but I don't care!
I love old style photographs and film photography but sometimes film isn't a 
practical option. When photographing swing dancing I prefer to use my DSLR 
as I can take as many photos as a I like and not 
worry about blurring or dark/lightness. 
This is important when the subjects are moving very fast like swing dancers do!



I then usually use photoshop to crop and create a vintage feel to the pics. 
For the swing photos at Christmas I had the time to experiment. I loved having 
different effects and played with the idea of different era styles. 


(I save each photo under a name that will remind me of how I created 
the effect). 

However. Photoshop takes time. I love doing it, I love sitting with a big cup 
tea and playing on it but sometimes time isn't on my side. 
SO I was really happy when I found this amazing website: 


You can upload a photo and try a huge amount of different tricks and treats!
It's got really cool tools and speeds up polishing photos when you need to. 

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment